Saturday, January 30, 2010

Questions I have about AR

In 1957 an article in Educational Sociology states that AR is "undertaken by those in the field in order to improve their practice." John wrote on my paper that if students benefit that is a bonus.
Isn't the point of improving my practice so my students have a better learn experience? Are there some AR papers out there that don't have increased student learning as the goal.

I will keep looking.

Interesting thoughts today on inquiry. "If we want to improve our students’ level of questioning and problem solving, we must begin to incorporate inquiry-based education into our classroom. The study of science is based on the concept of asking questions."

So in light of this, do my students ask enough questions, do i give time to think of things they have questions about? How could I examine my lesson to see if I can elicit better questions?

No comments:

Post a Comment